High school accreditation is a ten-year cycle culminating in a self-study and visit from a team of peer educators who are charged with validating our report and making recommendations for next steps toward excellence. I am happy to report that our self-study was completed just ahead of schedule and has been edited by Nichole Charbonneau. DHS faculty members, as well as a handful of students and parents, engaged in a truly collaborative process to write honestly about how our school is meeting the standards set by NEASC. The work was challenging and at times tedious but the end result was thoughtful and will help us set a trajectory for the future that is based on our core values, the strengths we have and the needs we want to meet. The Steering Committee, comprised of Peter Bangs, Judy Cronin, Will Higgins, Maria Kelly, Rachelle Lemieux , Jeffrey Lemler, Jamie O’Neill, , Leanne Soulard and Robert Southerland, are to be commended for guiding us through the self-study. We are now planning a party!
The accreditation visit takes place over four days beginning March 30th. On Sunday afternoon, the team will come to the high school for a panel presentation, interviews with teachers and meetings with parents and school committee. Throughout the next three days, committee members will be in and out of classrooms and meetings to gather data for their report writing. The visit wraps up with a brief presentation to the faculty on their findings.
Boys Lacrosse--March 7--A29
Boys and Girls Tennis--March 10--A02 and A04
on February 17, 2014. The Aspen portals will be opened according to the following schedule:
- Juniors will be open from 2/17 - 2/27
- Sophomores will be open from 2/26 - 3/3
- Freshmen will be open from 3/5 - 3/14
- Review the online Program of Studies prior to entering the portal.
- Regardless of when a student selects courses online, no courses will be "closed" online. Counselors will meet with students individually or in small groups to advise and assist with the course selection process after students have completed online course selection using their Aspen accounts.
- It is expected that students will have completed online course selection prior to meeting with their counselor.
- Courses selected online do not reflect the final schedule for students.
- A guide to assist parents and students with online course selection is available on the green navigation bar to the left of this page (Online Course Selection).
- Please contact your student's guidance counselor with questions or concerns.