MEMORANDUM DARTMOUTH HIGH SCHOOL PARKING PRIVILEGES 2012-2013
There are 305 student parking spaces available. They will be issued on a first come, first serve basis. The permit number issued will correspond to an assigned parking space. Numbers 1-92 are located in the front parking lot; numbers 93-310 are located in the side parking lot. Numbers #126-288, are required to vacate the parking lot by 2:30 p.m. from September to December to accommodate band practice. A student can choose the “Front”, “Perimeter”, or “Center” if available, but will not be allowed to choose a specific spot.
To obtain a parking spot
1. Register your car with Mr. Martin, Dean of Students - Facilities. In order to register your car you must;
a. Be an eligible senior or junior student.
b. Have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license, no driver’s permit accepted.
c. Pay the fee for a parking permit which is $50.00 per semester ($100.00 per year). The fee will be waived for students on free or reduced lunch. There will be a charge of $5 for the replacement of a lost or damaged parking permit. Fees can be paid by cash or check made out to Town of Dartmouth/DHS Parking.
d. Sign the acceptance letter.
You must hang your permit from the rear view mirror daily. DO NOT DRIVE WITH THE PERMIT ATTACHED TO THE REAR VIEW MIRROR.
All motorized vehicles, including motorcycles, scooters and mopeds, must be parked in a space with a valid parking pass visibly displayed.
Violations are ticketed and students are subject to having their cars towed at their expense and/or losing their parking permits. Parking fees will not be refunded. Violations include;
· Students who park in unauthorized areas such as faculty parking spaces (yellow numbered spots), the bus loop, on the grass, fire lanes or other areas not designated as parking spaces.
· Students are expected to obey all driving rules and use common sense. Students driving on school grounds in an unsafe manner are subject to loss of their parking privileges.
· Students who abuse their parking privileges or violate any parking rules (sitting in their cars during the school day or leaving the school grounds without authorization) will have their privileges revoked and are subject to other penalties.
· Students on academic probation and students who are habitually late, tardy, because they drive rather than ride the bus will also lose their parking permit.
Please see the student handbook for additional information on student parking.
I certify that I have read and understand these instructions and conditions. I understand that parking on school grounds is a privilege and not a right. Violation could result in the loss of my parking privilege. I further understand that violations could result in my car being ticketed or towed at my expense.
Print Name Signature and Date
Parking Permit #
Cash / Check #__________